I promised I will tell you more about real people I’ve met. There are so many that it would be impossible to mention them here. And those kind of events are mostly because of people and for people and if those people are creative and artsy than … Wohooo – you are on the right place. I participated Pitch Slams on a first day of the event and I attended three of them (Gift, Paper and Textile/Licensing). Most people keep asking me how it was. It was very, very encouraging! It was a little bit stressful (at least for me) to show my designs to people who really are in business so many years who had seen everything and who know exactly what would sell and what would not. It’s kind of different when your art is shown to friends. They are always encouraging and they always like your art – that’ just the friends do. It’s also different from your artist FB friends cause they are really one supportive bunch and keep my spirit cheery. It was just totally another level to show my current work to people who don’t know me, don’t care about me and who could easily say: “Well, dear girl, we are not really sure you are on the right path!” But they didn’t. In fact they all said I am on the right path and that I should continue to do good job, find myself an agent (I am still not quite sure about that), appear on Surtex and just goooooo! My thoughts are still messy with all the infos and I will stop right here 🙂
There were some people I wanted to pack and carry them to Slovenia to have them by the hand when I’ll need a boost :). Liv Lane, Juliette Crane and Beth Nicholls were one of them. Those are just so kindred woman that you want to have them around. And Beth is so funny, energetic and has some stories to tell … Really, I am laughing even now when I remember our last night conversation. Btw she is really succesful entrepreneur and kind of a girl to look up to. And I became fan of Nancy Soriano right there at that round table! Again, why didn’t I take a photo with her??
There are really so many things and people I want to mention, but the post would be really to long to do so, so I will do as women magazines do. Just mentioned top ones 🙂 So here they are …
- Surprise – these girls have a business!!! They are Hannah and Taylor and thay have their Etsy shop! They sew and they were there with their mothers, who don’t know how to sew 🙂 They were so cute together.
- I don’t want to brag. But Tim Holtz’s compliment: “You are artist at heart!” melted my heart and I did want to cry like a baby right there. I am braging, but who cares, it’s my blog anyway :)))
- Best classes I took were Celina Mancurtis Fun with Screen Printing and Traci Bautistas Artjounaling.
- Loooved Amy Barickman and her team (specially Nancy and Cheryl) and their willingness to share infos and know how. It felt like I had one on one class with those guys. Thanks all!
- My tresaure I brought from TCC was a signed book from Kelly Rae Roberts Taking Flight. And here it is what Kelly wrote to me: Dearest Petra, I am so happy one day I am signing your products – I’m sure it will happen. Big hugs, Kelly Rae. And now, dear folks, I am crying …