Start spreading the news …

Well I don’t go to Surtex, but my designs are and that is kind a same thing :)!!! It was hard keeping a secret but I really didn’t know if I would manage to do all the job and uploaded designs and mock-ups in such short period of time.

In the middle of April I was invited from A Fresh Bunch  , licensing agency from Illinois to join their artists. And yes – I could prepare my designs for Surtex as long as I could manage the due date – May 1st. The decision had to be quick, so I sent them quick YES reply and start working. The portfolio is little smaller than I would like to have it, but MY DESIGNS ARE GOING TO BE AT SURTEX! And that is coooool. Here’s a sneak peak of Elegant Xmas collection.

So, a tons of work is behind of me. What do I see infront of me? A tons of work too!!! I have to work on my logo and on new ideas. The Pattern Design course with lovely Rachel Taylor  has started and I am way behind.

Despite of anything I need a break :). Our wedding anniversary is right at the door and we decided to take 2 precious day off. Yes! So – my friends – tomorrow I will be here with my love, sourrounded with moutains and I am sure we’ll climb one.

I can't wait to see this view.

I can't wait to see this view.

The life is good and little easier right now.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , .

12 Comments

1. Onneke May 8, 2012 at 11:42 #

How very exciting!! I am so pleased for you. Well done for working your socks off, I know how hard it is to combine all that with looking after your family. Enjoy your break!

2. Kris Lanae Binsfeld May 8, 2012 at 12:55 #

Congratulations Petra!

What an exciting honor for you! It must have been an incredible few weeks for you! Good luck at Surtex!! How very exciting! 🙂 Kris

3. Rebecca May 8, 2012 at 13:33 #

Jumping off the walls, hopping, screaming and smiling the biggest smile for you dear friend!!!!! You deserve this break in such a beautiful place. I am so excited for you and I am just bursting!! Sending you the biggest hug from far away!!! Please keep us updated-I can’t wait to see your stuff every where ;0). My heart is bursting!!!!! Seriously…,

• Petra May 8, 2012 at 22:19 #

Rebecca, thanks! Love your support and you really make me smile just about every time :). Some day we’ll be toasting to each other in person, I’m sure 🙂 hugs back

4. Steph May 8, 2012 at 14:34 #

Oh Petra congratulations! These are wonderful!

Enjoy your well-deserved mini-vacation, and happy anniversary!

Stephanie : )

5. Elizabeth May 8, 2012 at 14:43 #

So happy happy for you! I am so proud and when I get to see your designs in SURTEX I will be bragging about my friend!! I’m still printing and mocking!! Ja Ja! Hugs!! Love the sign See You In NY!!

Hugs!

6. Carmen patti May 8, 2012 at 15:52 #

Great news Petra! So excited for you!

7. Valerie Weller May 8, 2012 at 16:54 #

Soooo excited for you Petra! Your art is wonderful! I always admire when you post it! Looks like you’ve been working your tail off to meet the Surtex deadline~ I am sure you will find wonderful things coming your way as you launch this part of your journey. Enjoy your vacation- all good things~ xoxo hugs

8. Petra May 8, 2012 at 22:17 #

Dear, dear girls! Thank you so much for your support. I really am so proud to know you all.
    Elizabeth and Steph – I just wish you tons of luck in NY, you so deserve it!

9. Jen Norton May 9, 2012 at 07:21 #

I hope you do really well at Surtex, and have fun climbing a mountain!

10. juliette crane May 14, 2012 at 17:40 #

a HUGE congratulations to you! this is such wonderful news! i am so, so happy for you! your designs are so beautiful and unique to you! hope you had a wonderful little vacation! xo

11. Metka November 2, 2012 at 08:48 #

Hey!
    Po dolgem času spet na tvojem blogu… super “novica” tole, kako se je pa izšlo na Surtexu?
    Držim pesti, ker pa je pa zadnja objava na blogu poletna, se je očitno izšlo super in imaš obilo dela.
    🙂