Not quite there but I will be

My very first floral pattern collection.

My very first floral pattern collection.

I know, I know this photo is big, maybe to big for my blog, but I want it that way. Deep down I feel that it has to do everything about what I love to do.

Big step was taken in January (when I decided to face my fears, laziness and discomfort and do it anyway) when I pushed myself to designing on computer. Now the results are here and I have to say I am really glad I did it. Just wanted to share that. To celebrate with me if you have time and will ;).

Lisa Magazine, March, 2012.

Lisa Magazine, March, 2012.

Yesterday I was featured in Lisa Magazine and it’s a strange, funny feeling to see your face on pages of magazine.

If I am honest I really wish that things around my business would go faster. I am not very patient person but I am learning now that every single thing needs its time to develop and grow. Beside my computer skills I am learning to be patient :). I’ve found this little guy on web and I want to post him here to remind me of his words every day.

Yes I am :)

Yes I am 🙂

This entry was posted in Uncategorized.

7 Comments

1. Elizabeth March 2, 2012 at 11:15 #

Oh Petra, we are breathing together. I cried when I saw the photo after reading your post. I have the good feeling that, yes..we are closer..Not yet there, but closer! Big hugs dear friend! 🙂 So happy for you on been featured in a magazine.

2. Onneke March 2, 2012 at 13:46 #

Petra, I am celebrating with you and I have that same feeling that sometimes I want it all to go quicker but look at the amazing things you have accomplished! You are doing great! I signed up for the pattern course as well, you inspired me to do it so thank you for that. Much love and a happy weekend to you x

3. Rebecca March 2, 2012 at 15:48 #

I have the same impatience you have…but my goodness Petra-when I saw this post I got a tingle in my toes and wanted to jump and down for you! I have tears in my eyes! I need to jump over to your shop and buy something before I can’t afford an original Petra Kern! Good things are coming…I can just feel it… ;0)

4. Petra Kern March 2, 2012 at 19:52 #

Guys you always make me smile :). Onneke, I am so glad you will be on this course. yaaaay!!! Elizabeth, I am thinking about so many times and I still have a little hope for surtex. Rebecca, one day I’ll come to Texas and hug you 🙂

5. Rebecca March 2, 2012 at 20:58 #

I’m counting on that…

6. Theresa March 3, 2012 at 19:56 #

Congrats Petra!! Such exciting steps.It’s been awhile since on FaceBook. I have been going back & forth with my work. So to see someone make those small steps & others noticing is great! Love your art work & the magazine spread. Enjoy the moment! I am sure this is only the beginning. All my best.

7. Mary-Michael March 5, 2012 at 01:18 #

Petra! What wonderful news. I am so happy for you. Patience is not of virtue of mine either, but I am trying and look to your story as inspiration! Congratulations, you deserve it…otherwise, it never would have happened!