Soul journey to the place where women create part2

A time for share art and do some shopping at TCC market place.

A time for share art and do some shopping at TCC market place.

I promised I will tell you more about real people I’ve met. There are so many that it would be impossible to mention them here. And those kind of events are mostly because of people and for people and if those people are creative and artsy than … Wohooo – you are on the right place. I participated Pitch Slams on a first day of the event and I attended three of them (Gift, Paper and Textile/Licensing). Most people keep asking me how it was. It was very, very encouraging! It was a little bit stressful (at least for me) to show my designs to people who really are in business so many years who had seen everything and who know exactly what would sell and what would not. It’s kind of different when your art is shown to friends. They are always encouraging and they always like your art – that’ just the friends do. It’s also different from your artist FB friends cause they are really one supportive bunch and keep my spirit cheery. It was just totally another level to show my current work to people who don’t know me, don’t care about me and who could easily say: “Well, dear girl, we are not really sure you are on the right path!” But they didn’t. In fact they all said I am on the right path and that I should continue to do good job, find myself an agent (I am still not quite sure about that), appear on Surtex and just goooooo! My thoughts are still messy with all the infos and I will stop right here 🙂

I was so happy to get a chance to hug and talk to Kelly Rae!

I was so happy to get a chance to hug and talk to Kelly Rae!

Yes, there were some people I wanted to meet there. And I was so happy when I saw Kelly Rae Roberts was one of round-table experts. I just wanted to shake her hand because she literally changed my life and not just mine, also hundred of others. I think we talked with Liv and Beth at the cocktail party how did I find Kelly Raes book. I can easily and from my heart say that the book found me two years ago (really just at the right time), when I really started to look if I could realise my dreams to become a pattern designer. I just liked the cover, I’ve read it and took an e-course and through her voice connected to so many artist friends around the globe. Are there any fine words to describe my thankfulness? I just don’t think so …
Dear Flyers and friends. Liv (right) and Juliette (middle).

Dear Flyers and friends. Liv (right) and Juliette (middle).

There were some people I wanted to pack and carry them to Slovenia to have them by the hand when I’ll need a boost :). Liv Lane, Juliette Crane and Beth Nicholls were one of them. Those are just so kindred woman that you want to have them around. And Beth is so funny, energetic and has some stories to tell … Really, I am laughing even now when I remember our last night conversation. Btw she is really succesful entrepreneur and kind of a girl to look up to. And I became fan of Nancy Soriano right there at that round table! Again, why didn’t I take a photo with her??

We were having fun together. Beth and Liv, you rock :)

We were having fun together. Beth and Liv, you rock 🙂

There are really so many things and people I want to mention, but the post would be really to long to do so, so I will do as women magazines do. Just mentioned top ones 🙂 So here they are …

The youngest business women on the event. Folks, here are (from left) Hannah and Taylor.

• Surprise – these girls have a business!!! They are Hannah and Taylor and thay have their Etsy shop! They sew and they were there with their mothers, who don’t know how to sew 🙂 They were so cute together.
  • I don’t want to brag. But Tim Holtz’s compliment: “You are artist at heart!” melted my heart and I did want to cry like a baby right there. I am braging, but who cares, it’s my blog anyway :)))
I really had fun with screenprinting. I brought Sofijas clothe to print it and now she has a little red rooster on it.

Yeah, we did some art together with Traci.

Yeah, we did some art together with Traci.

• Loooved Amy Barickman and her team (specially Nancy and Cheryl) and their willingness to share infos and know how. It felt like I had one on one class with those guys. Thanks all!
  • My tresaure I brought from TCC was a signed book from Kelly Rae Roberts Taking Flight. And here it is what Kelly wrote to me: Dearest Petra, I am so happy one day I am signing your products – I’m sure it will happen. Big hugs, Kelly Rae. And now, dear folks, I am crying …
My most treasured thing I got from the event. Kelly Raes dedication.

My most treasured thing I got from the event. Kelly Raes dedication.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized.

21 Comments

1. katarina September 26, 2011 at 13:30 #

Ojla! Vidim, da je bilo super!!! 🙂 Čestitke za pogum in vztrajnost slediti svojim sanjam! Pa napiši še kaj, te je zelo fajn brat! Lp vsem, Katarina

• Petra September 27, 2011 at 09:57 #

hja, blo je kar fino 🙂 he, he. ma lažem, blo je krasno!

2. Jodene Shaw September 26, 2011 at 13:30 #

Dear Petra ~ thank you so very much for sharing about this event! I so wish, I’d been there, but am planning for next years! I love that you are sharing your artist journey and along with that you are sharing your heart. You are so talented and an inspiration!
    Love & grace,
    Jodi Shaw

3. Kristin Dudish September 26, 2011 at 14:58 #

Oh Petra!

This is amazing!!! I am so proud of you for traveling halfway across the world to follow your dreams – your experience sounds wonderful… Such an inspiration!

I am sure that soon you will be signing your products too 🙂

Thank you for sharing this with us!

xo
    Kristin

4. Robin September 26, 2011 at 15:37 #

I am grinning from ear to ear with seeing all of our friends!

5. Dana Barbieri September 26, 2011 at 16:10 #

Wow, that is so AWESOME! Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I truly hope to go there next year!
    xo

6. kelly rae September 26, 2011 at 18:17 #

i was such a joy to meet you, petra! your work is stunning and you ARE an artist at heart as Tim said and your talent radiates. And please forgive my messy handwriting! it reads “i am so hopping one day i’m signing your products – i’m sure it will happen!”
    looking forward to that day! until then, keep creating and shining!
    xo
    kelly rae

• kelly rae September 26, 2011 at 18:18 #

opps! i did it again!
      it reads “i am so HOPING…”

• Petra September 27, 2011 at 09:50 #

kelly you always make me cry 🙂 in a good way! I will also need a valium.

7. Liv @ Choosing Beauty September 26, 2011 at 22:28 #

Ohhh, this is such a sweet post, Petra. I’m so thrilled it was a great experience for you, too, and that we got to spend time together. You are SO mega talented, lady – I’ll be standing in line with Kelly Rae to get your autograph someday. 🙂

• Petra September 27, 2011 at 09:51 #

Liv, you and Kelly would never ever need to stay in line 😉

8. Paula Joerling September 27, 2011 at 16:20 #

I am crying too-what a great experience you had. I am over the moon for you (that means really, really, happy)
    xop

• Petra September 27, 2011 at 21:19 #

… and that means you’ll have me on your back (mailbox) day in and day out :))))))

9. Rebecca September 27, 2011 at 16:51 #

Ack! Just gets better- wish I could have been there to meet you before you hit the big time. ;0)

• Petra September 27, 2011 at 21:16 #

we will meet, Rebecca, we will!!!

10. jacqueline September 29, 2011 at 03:11 #

Dearest sweet Petra, this is AWESOME and so inspiring! I love love “meeting” all our gorgeous friends!! Thanks for sharing your experience and photos with us. This is as good as it gets for me. 🙂 Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

11. kass hall October 1, 2011 at 01:17 #

i’m crying for you Petra because I can feel the emotion from your heart in your words!!

xx

12. Hannah and Taylor October 1, 2011 at 02:42 #

Thanks so much for putting us on your blog! We had such an amazing time too! We loved meeting everyone there and it was so special!

13. Elizabeth October 15, 2011 at 14:57 #

Lovely post Petra…Thanks for sharing…I was so sad I couldn’t be there..but I know the time will come. Hugs…Wishing you tons of happiness!

14. Metka March 27, 2012 at 20:28 #

Res sem vesela, danes ni bil moj dan namreč… 🙁
    in potem najdem tvoj blog! tako neslovenski! (v pozitivnem smislu)
    od veselja grem hitro narediti malo objavico na moj blog 😉

15. Petra March 28, 2012 at 08:50 #

Metka, jaz sem pa vesela, da se je še kakšna Slovenka tukaj oglasila :). Čist zares.